Many people love to have healthy and beautiful looking feet. A bigger number of people get attracted with healthy feet. What’s sad is that most of us take our feet for granted.
Our feet are composed almost of one-fourth of all the bones on our body and it carries our weight most of the day. In fact, they are considered overworked, that’s why it needs to be given the proper attention to keep it healthy and vein-free. Having healthy feet depends a lot of a couple of factors. These are:
- The food you eat. According to studies, getting proper nutrition by eating the right kind of foods could benefit the whole body, and that includes the feet. Omega 3 fats combined with other nutrients helps ward off ankle and foot problems, reduce and minimize inflammation, cramps and other foot pains. Always remember that eating fruits and vegetables is still very effective. Keep yourself rehydrated too so it won’t make your feet feel queasy and uncomfortable.
- Your hygiene. Trimming your toe nails must be done carefully — it’s a mantra that needs to be done regularly. Avoid cutting it too short as it could lead to cuts. Also, always keep your feet dry especially before wearing socks to avoid bacteria and fungi. Clean it well. Dirt doesn’t need to be visible for it to be there. However, when scrubbing your feet, do it firmly but not too hard. Treating it to a nice foot spa even once in a while can do wonders too.
- Preferred footwear. If you want to have nice feet, you need to remember never to sacrifice comfort for fashion. Footwear is made to protect the foot and not harm it. When choosing shoes, make sure it doesn’tsqueeze your feet too much and you can still wiggle your toes inside. The design should only be your second priority. Wearing uncomfortable footwear could lead to fracture or injury. The type of materials used in making your footwear is very important.
- Weight. Being overweight can prove to quite a bad news for your feet. Since all your weight is directly being carried by it, it needs to be rested every once in a while. Avoid wearing heels all day and let your feet breathe as much as you can. Furthermore, massage it before going to bed to ease up tension and stress. Elevate your feet with a soft pillow when sleeping for an hour or two to improve blood flow and have them rested well.
Having better and healthy feet is easy to achieve. But they do require a few adjustments on your lifestyle too. If you think your feet are bothering you too much and that you feel pain more often, do not hesitate to see a doctor as soon as possible. Also, do not neglect cramps and sprains. Attend to them immediately to avoid more damage to your health. Having healthy feet may need dedication, but the results are truly rewarding in the end.
If you’re currently looking to get perfectly clean and attractive feet, then you need to know first the factors hindering you from having one.
Having healthy feet does not require a full spa experience or to have them cleaned and scrubbed all day. Since our feet are one of the most used parts of our body, it needs care and protection. It needs to be relieved of the pressure and stress everyday so that it will remain smooth and free from varicose.
Having healthy and beautiful feet is quite attainable. There are simple tips to follow that are surprisingly helpful to a more attractive and appealing feet. Here’s how:
- Trim your toenails regularly. Short toenails will not only make your feet look nice but it can look clean as well. Untrimmed toenails will accumulate dirt wherein germs will reside and make your feet stink sooner or later. Your nails don’t have to be polished to be clean. Trimming can already do you a lot of good. As much as possible, let your nails breathe from all that toxic nail polish — a lot of pedicures can cause ingrown nails in the process.
- Clean thoroughly. Most people find pleasure in cleaning their feet. It feels good! Also, if you want to feel how it is to be clean, clean feet will definitely perfectly describe the real thing. Soak your feet in warm water and gently massage them with lather. Don’t miss the spaces between your toenails too. To add more refreshing feel, apply you favorite scented lotion after patting it dry.
- Keep it dry. Before we putting on socks, stockings and shoes, make sure that it is dry. If it gets sweaty, pat it dry or apply foot powder. Also, choose a pair of socks that use materials that suits you feet well.Cotton is your best bet. A dry feet steers you clear of bacteria that causes foot problems and disease.
- Wear comfy and breathable footwear. Shoes protect our feet from harmful elements, so make sure that you choose the one that makes you feel comfortable and protected. Any excess or moisture in your foot could lead to fungal infection and bacteria causing diseases. And don’t even forget athlete’s foot — it’s definitely a major turn-off.
- Avoid sharing socks. One of the most basic and important rule on hygiene is not to share. This applies with toothbrush, towels, underwear, make-up and socks. Lending or borrowing socks and/or footwear from one person to another is a big NO. You might not know it but that other person might have a fungal infection and athlete’ foot and they’re pretty contagious.
- Have it checked. If you feel something’s wrong with your foot, it must be checked immediately. Do not ignore red itchiness, pain or regular cramps. A little, yet consistent discomfort may mean a bigger problem.
Healthy feet are beautiful feet and making effort to make it happen will definitely take you a long way. And surprisingly, it doesn’t seem all that hard at all. Take note of the guidelines above and you will be enjoying attractive and glamorous feet in no time.