If you’re currently looking to get perfectly clean and attractive feet, then you need to know first the factors hindering you from having one.
Having healthy feet does not require a full spa experience or to have them cleaned and scrubbed all day. Since our feet are one of the most used parts of our body, it needs care and protection. It needs to be relieved of the pressure and stress everyday so that it will remain smooth and free from varicose.
- Trim your toenails regularly. Short toenails will not only make your feet look nice but it can look clean as well. Untrimmed toenails will accumulate dirt wherein germs will reside and make your feet stink sooner or later. Your nails don’t have to be polished to be clean. Trimming can already do you a lot of good. As much as possible, let your nails breathe from all that toxic nail polish — a lot of pedicures can cause ingrown nails in the process.
- Clean thoroughly. Most people find pleasure in cleaning their feet. It feels good! Also, if you want to feel how it is to be clean, clean feet will definitely perfectly describe the real thing. Soak your feet in warm water and gently massage them with lather. Don’t miss the spaces between your toenails too. To add more refreshing feel, apply you favorite scented lotion after patting it dry.
- Keep it dry. Before we putting on socks, stockings and shoes, make sure that it is dry. If it gets sweaty, pat it dry or apply foot powder. Also, choose a pair of socks that use materials that suits you feet well.Cotton is your best bet. A dry feet steers you clear of bacteria that causes foot problems and disease.
- Wear comfy and breathable footwear. Shoes protect our feet from harmful elements, so make sure that you choose the one that makes you feel comfortable and protected. Any excess or moisture in your foot could lead to fungal infection and bacteria causing diseases. And don’t even forget athlete’s foot — it’s definitely a major turn-off.
- Avoid sharing socks. One of the most basic and important rule on hygiene is not to share. This applies with toothbrush, towels, underwear, make-up and socks. Lending or borrowing socks and/or footwear from one person to another is a big NO. You might not know it but that other person might have a fungal infection and athlete’ foot and they’re pretty contagious.
- Have it checked. If you feel something’s wrong with your foot, it must be checked immediately. Do not ignore red itchiness, pain or regular cramps. A little, yet consistent discomfort may mean a bigger problem.
Healthy feet are beautiful feet and making effort to make it happen will definitely take you a long way. And surprisingly, it doesn’t seem all that hard at all. Take note of the guidelines above and you will be enjoying attractive and glamorous feet in no time.